March 27, 2018
Women's Golf Takes Eighth at Sunoco Campbell Oil Classic
WALLACE, N.C. -- Catawba wrapped up an eighth-place finish on Tuesday at the Sunoco Campbell Oil Women’s Golf Tournament on Monday. The two-day, three-round tournament was hosted by UNC Pembroke at the 5,812-yard, par-72 River Landing Golf Club.
Lenoir-Rhyne secured its win with a final round 297 to post an 11-shot win over UNC Pembroke. LR recorded a three-round total of 918. Catawba had its best round on Tuesday with a final-round 316 to post a 975 total.
Kaley Barts finished in 19th with a total of 238. She closed with a 78 on Tuesday. Also shooting 78s in the final round for Catawba was Madison Moore and Jaime Cassell.
Diana McDonald, of Wingate, rallied with a two-under-par 70 in the final round to force a playoff with Lenoir-Rhyne’s Ainee O’Connor. McDonald birdied the first playoff hole to take medalist honors. Lise Malherbe, of Lincoln Memorial, was three shots back in third.
The tournament was the final tune-up before Catawba competes in the South Atlantic Conference Championships from April 15-17 at the Woodcreek Country Club in Elgin, S.C.
SUNOCO CAMPBELL OIL CLASSIC
1. Lenoir-Rhyne 319-302-297=918
2. UNC Pembroke 315-310-304=929
3. Wingate 313-316-303=932
4. Anderson 317-319-298=934
5. Carson-Newman 315-310-310=935
6. Mount Olive 329-318-313=960
7. Lincoln Memorial 321-319-324=964
8. CATAWBA 327-332-316=975
9. Erskine 339-331-312=982
10. Mars Hill 366-371-340=1077
11. So. New Hampshire 375-355-360=1090
19. Kaley Barts, 80-80-78=238
31. Madison Moore, 83-83-78=244
35. Victoria Hedrick, 81-82-84=247
36. Jaime Cassell, 83-87-78=248
46. Sarah Coltrane, 85-90-82=257
|No events are scheduled today|