Catawba College Football Tailgate Policy
This policy is effective for the 2007 Catawba College Football season. We want Catawba Football to be enjoyable for our fans as well as visiting team fans and our number one priority is your safety! For those reasons, tailgaters will be expected to meet the below stated requirements.
- No gas power generators are allowed.
- Propane/Gas grills are allowed. Propane tanks will be limited to no more than 10 gallons per vehicle.
- Kegs are NOT permitted.
- No glass containers — use cans, plastic cups or plastic bottles only.
- No tents can be erected in our paved parking lots due to space limitations and for emergency access in and out of the lots.
- No indoor use furniture should be placed in tailgate areas such as sofas or recliners.
- No designated parking space may be used for grills, chairs, tables or anything other than vehicle parking.
- No pets are allowed in any of the parking lots during tailgating hours.
- Out of courtesy to others, only portable radio/stereo units will be allowed. For safety reasons, stereo units requiring an external power source are not allowed. Volume and the language in music must be appropriate for all ages.
- Tailgate activities will cease at game time. Our security must be able to focus all of their attention to inside the stadium once the game begins. Security will ask those failing to comply to leave the premises.
- Tailgating may begin four (4) hours prior to kick-off and the parking lot is to be emptied no more than two hours after the game has ended.
- Tailgaters must be respectful of those around them and mindful that students are subject to policies in the Student Handbook. Everyone else is subject to rules and regulations of the State of North Carolina, the City of Salisbury, Catawba College and the Catawba College Athletic Department.
- Waste food items and trash, including charcoal, must be disposed of in the appropriate containers that are provided on our grounds.
- Any violations of this policy may result in termination of tailgate privileges and criminal prosecution and/or action taken through the Catawba College Office of Public Safety, the Dean of Students or the Salisbury Police Department.
Thank you for your cooperation and support of Catawba Football.
Catawba College Athletics Department