Compliance Info: ATHLETIC BOOSTERS
Catawba College Athletics and your role as an avid supporter of athletics explained...
First, you need to know that you are most likely characterized by the NCAA as a "Representative of athletic interest." As such, there are some key things that you need to know about your valued role as a booster and/or Catawba College Chiefs Club Member.
What is a Representative of Athletics Interests?
Quite simple really ... an individual who is known by a member of the institution's executive or athletics administration to:
- Have participated in or to be a member of an agency or organization, including corporate entities, promoting the institution's intercollegiate athletics program;
- Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics booster organization of that institution;
- Be assisting or to have been requested (by athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
- Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families; or
- Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program.
Recruiting by a Representative of Athletics Interests, what you can and cannot do explained...
- You are prohibited from making in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospective student-athlete or their relatives or legal guardians
- You are prohibited from making telephone calls to prospective student-athletes or their relatives or legal guardians
- On campus contact at Catawba College is permitted
- Written communication is permitted
- Recruiting contact during a prospective student-athlete's official visit is confined to Catawba College's campus
Download the View Booster Pocket Guide (PDF) for more details and helpful information.
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 1)
Soccer (W) vs. Carson-Newman (SAC Tournament - Semifinals) 1-2
Volleyball vs. ANDERSON 0-3
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 2) W-4th;M-4th
Cross Country @ SAC Championships M-5th;W-5th
Football @ Newberry 10-40
Volleyball vs. NEWBERRY 3-0
Volleyball @ Wingate (SAC Tournament - 1st Round) 0-3
Basketball (M) vs. FRANCIS MARION 115-82
Basketball (W) @ North Greenville 62-67
Football @ Lenoir-Rhyne 21-63
Basketball (W) vs. Erskine 80-86
Basketball (M) vs. UNC PEMBROKE 75-80
Soccer (W) @ Carson-Newman (NCAA II Southeast Regional) 0-3
Basketball (M) @ Young Harris 85-67
Basketball (W) @ Lees-McRae 7 p.m.
Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 1)
Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 2)
Cross Country @ NCAA II Southeast Regional 9 a.m.
Football vs. UNC PEMBROKE 1:05 p.m.
Basketball (W) vs. FAYETTEVILLE ST. 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. ELIZABETH CITY ST. 8 p.m.
Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 3)
Basketball (M) vs. BLUEFIELD ST. 7 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Newberry 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Newberry 8 p.m.
Swimming vs. CHOWAN
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.