Compliance Info: ATHLETIC BOOSTERS
Catawba College Athletics and your role as an avid supporter of athletics explained...
First, you need to know that you are most likely characterized by the NCAA as a "Representative of athletic interest." As such, there are some key things that you need to know about your valued role as a booster and/or Catawba College Chiefs Club Member.
What is a Representative of Athletics Interests?
Quite simple really ... an individual who is known by a member of the institution's executive or athletics administration to:
- Have participated in or to be a member of an agency or organization, including corporate entities, promoting the institution's intercollegiate athletics program;
- Have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics booster organization of that institution;
- Be assisting or to have been requested (by athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
- Be assisting or to have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families; or
- Have been involved otherwise in promoting the institution's athletics program.
Recruiting by a Representative of Athletics Interests, what you can and cannot do explained...
- You are prohibited from making in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospective student-athlete or their relatives or legal guardians
- You are prohibited from making telephone calls to prospective student-athletes or their relatives or legal guardians
- On campus contact at Catawba College is permitted
- Written communication is permitted
- Recruiting contact during a prospective student-athlete's official visit is confined to Catawba College's campus
Download the View Booster Pocket Guide (PDF) for more details and helpful information.
|No events are scheduled today|
Swimming @ Yellow Jacket Invite (Day 1)
Swimming @ Yellow Jacket Invite (Day 2) W-2nd;M-4th
Track/Field @ JDL College Kickoff Classic
Basketball (W) @ Lincoln Memorial 43-60
Basketball (M) @ Lincoln Memorial 58-103
Basketball (W) vs. TUSCULUM 70-58
Basketball (M) vs. TUSCULUM 73-87
Basketball (W) vs. JC SMITH 51-52
Basketball (M) vs. ST. AUGUSTINE'S 76-73
Basketball (W) vs. ANDERSON 63-46
Basketball (M) vs. ANDERSON 67-76
Swimming MEN vs. QUEENS 58-133
Swimming WOMEN vs. QUEENS 69-120
Basketball (M) vs. WINGATE 11 a.m.
Basketball (W) vs. WINGATE 2 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Virginia Union 2 p.m.
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.