Strength & Conditioning
Meet Our Staff
- Jadwin Bignon (Head)
- Terrence Hearst (Assistant)
- Davis Conley (Assistant)
- Mitchell Alley (Student Intern)
The mission of the Catawba Strength and Conditioning Program is to provide our athletes the best possible training experience during their career. Key principles are to instill a great work-ethic, and to educate on proper rest and nutrition. Through training, we will teach the techniques to enhance athletic performance while decreasing the chance for injury. All up-to-date training modalities (Olympic lifting, free weights, speed training, and plyometrics) will be utilized. This will improve an athlete’s confidence, efficiency, and therefore their performance.
No Days Off
Consistency is a part of Winning. We are persistent in developing our athletes to have the mentality to show up and get better every day. Going through the motions is unacceptable. One must give 100% effort and intensity, START TO FINISH in training.
The Strength & Conditioning department will set up individualized nutrition programs when necessary, either through diet analysis or supplementation. The use of different methods to promote recovery, as well as providing relevant information for our athletes to read at their own pace will be posted on our info wall as well.
- Our athletes' safety is key when training
- The Strength & Conditioning Staff prides themselves on being teachers and motivators, not dictators. We want our athletes to feel training is a part of the experience they will receive as an student-athlete
- Our program is based on the most up-to-date research in Sport Performance, Exercise Science and related educations
- The foundation for all sport training will be the same for each sport to improve the athlete fundamentally. Once a foundation is set, then sport-specific training framework is implemented to train the proper movements and energy systems to each sport individually.