Year Inducted: 2008
Category: Sports Information Director
- Sports Information Director at Catawba, 1944-1948
- Began his writing career with the Charlotte Observer in 1948 covering all sports and writing a twice-a-week column
- Moved to the State newspaper in Columbia, SC in 1963 and served as Executive Sports Editor until 1987 and was the lead sports columnist 1963 until retiring in 1989
- Only journalist to be named Sportswriter of The Year in both Carolinas evening the North Carolina honor twice and the South Carolina award five times
- Inducted into the North Carolina Boxing Hall of fame in 1988 and his interest in boxing led him to get to know and write about such greats as Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali
- Former President of the Atlantic Coast Writers Association and was a founder and director of the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame
- Considered the most highly read sports columnist in the Carolinas for four decades
|Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 3),|
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 1)
Soccer (W) vs. Carson-Newman (SAC Tournament - Semifinals) 1-2
Volleyball vs. ANDERSON 0-3
Swimming @ Emory Invite (Day 2) W-4th;M-4th
Cross Country @ SAC Championships M-5th;W-5th
Football @ Newberry 10-40
Volleyball vs. NEWBERRY 3-0
Volleyball @ Wingate (SAC Tournament - 1st Round) 0-3
Basketball (M) vs. FRANCIS MARION 115-82
Basketball (W) @ North Greenville 62-67
Football @ Lenoir-Rhyne 21-63
Basketball (W) vs. Erskine 80-86
Basketball (M) vs. UNC PEMBROKE 75-80
Soccer (W) @ Carson-Newman (NCAA II Southeast Regional) 0-3
Basketball (M) @ Young Harris 85-67
Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 1)
Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 2)
Cross Country @ NCAA II Southeast Regional W-8th; M-10th
Football vs. UNC PEMBROKE 30-23
Basketball (W) vs. FAYETTEVILLE ST. 76-56
Basketball (M) vs. ELIZABETH CITY ST. 86-65
Swimming @ Fall Frenzy (Day 3)
Basketball (W) @ Lees-McRae 5 p.m.
Basketball (M) vs. BLUEFIELD ST. 7 p.m.
Basketball (W) @ Newberry 6 p.m.
Basketball (M) @ Newberry 8 p.m.
Swimming vs. CHOWAN
Mouse over the red calendar dates to display events on those days. Click to open the full-size calendar.